- Complete transparency is vital to ensure the public trust.
- It is vital media and citizens have access to all public information.
- All meetings open to the public should be transmitted live and recorded for on demand viewing. This includes all City Council Committee of the Whole and regular meetings.
- In a representative citizen government, it is important that citizens are active in the process to be informed and provide various perspectives to your representatives.
- Committee of the Whole meetings should be true work sessions. This is not the place to vote on issues unless absolutely necessary. Votes should take place in regularly advertised meetings.
Was this helpful?